How to add historical release notes? (without api)

I am unclear how to add release notes in TideLift. I have just a few to fill in, and so was planning to do it manually rather than automate using the API.

From https://tidelift.com/docs/lifting/maintenance

Right now, in the lifter dashboard we have a simple UI to type (or paste) release notes for each new release of your package.

I see four releases listed as needing release notes, but no ability to edit or add them?

(The project is on GitHub, do I add the release notes on the GitHub end?)

1 Like

@shadowspawn thanks for the question!

The project is on GitHub, do I add the release notes on the GitHub end?

Yes, you can add the release notes in GitHub and we’ll pull those in with the next sync.

I see four releases listed as needing release notes, but no ability to edit or add them?

In the dashboard on the left side navigation there should be a release notes option that brings you to a page where you can manually enter/edit notes.

Are you not seeing this in your dashboard? Or are you unable to enter notes on this page?

1 Like

I am unable to enter notes on the Release Notes page. No pencil icon for me.

@shadowspawn we’ll take a look, thank you for letting us know. Can you please let me know what browser you’re using?

@shadowspawn it looks like an issue with the release notes tasks not being generated properly. We’re taking a look and I’ll let you know once it’s resolved.

2 Likes

I had tried with a couple of browsers:

• Safari 12.1.1
  • Chrome 75.0.3770.100

On macOS Mojave 10.14.5

@shadowspawn thank you for your patience while we resolved this issue! All of the release notes tasks have been generated and now appear in the dashboard. Please let me know if we can help with anything else.

2 Likes

I now have an edit pencil! Yah!

And I think the ones I updated on GitHub have been picked up, but not sure as tasks has changed from 5 to 65 as it is now complaining about many more old versions. Urk! :slight_smile:

I’m seeing notes for a majority of the releases that were pulled in and, yes, it’s A LOT of tasks. Please let me know if you’d like any help with task cleanup!

Yes, you can add the release notes in GitHub and we’ll pull those in with the next sync.

I added release notes on GiHub for Commander 2.8.1, 2.8.0, 2.7.1, 2.70, and 2.4.0 a few days ago. They are still showing as missing on TideLift end. How long might it be before they show up on TideLift?

(Before I do any more this way! :slight_smile: )

@shadowspawn ah, ok, I see the notes aren’t being pulled in for those releases and it also seems there’s an issue with saving any text entered manually. We’re looking into it and I’ll report back once it’s resolved.

Thank you!

2 Likes