Income Recalculation

Dear Tidelift,

The How we pay lifters - Tidelift Knowledge Base page and my Tidelift page both indicate that income is recalculated at the end of each month based on the packages that subscribers are using. But is that really the case? My lifted package has been earning the same $50/month since I first lifted it at the end of 2018. My package’s GitHub stars, download counts, and other metrics have gone up since then, and I’d expect that Tidelift has also not had a constant level of subscribers using my package over this time.

Thanks as always for your work on Tidelift.

Josh

1 Like

I don’t know anything about internal workings, but it definitely looks like there is no recalculation. There is occasional 50$ bonus (for referrals?) but other than that values have been stable for my packages as well, ever since I joined over a year ago.

@jab thank you for the question!

We do recalculate every month based on subscriber usage. We’ve seen some package amounts increase, and as we onboard more subscribers we’ll continue to see more increases, as well as more packages with funding available. We learned a ton last year and we’re really excited to continue growing in 2021!

Please let me know if you have any specific questions, or if you’d like to hear more about what we’ve been working on.