A few weeks ago we announced that we’re merging the Tell Potential Subscribers and GitHub Sponsors task, and today we shipped the new task!
A quick reminder that:
- For almost all current lifted projects this change should have very little impact.
- This will not affect current or future projects that don’t use GitHub - you’ll still add copy and a link in your README or docs.
- If you’ve already completed the GitHub Sponsors task, no action is necessary.
- For future lifted projects hosted on GitHub, you will only need to add GitHub Sponsors in order to complete the task.
In addition to the task update, we’ve added a new way for you level up your marketing and increase your monthly earning potential by letting your users know your package offers an enterprise option.
When you complete the required marketing task, you’ll unlock marketing enhancements. Upon implementing the marketing enhancements, your package will start to earn $50 per workable lead. There is no cap on referral bonus income, and we are still offering the $250 referral bonus for any leads that convert to a subscriber.
Why is this important?
By working with us to sign up subscribers, you help us grow the amount of money available for all projects on Tidelift—and therefore grow your own income. We’re always looking for new ways to reach potential subscribers, and these enhancements are the result of experiments we conducted with a small group of lifters. We’ll share more data and case studies soon, but please reach out with any questions!
How does it work?
When you use the enterprise language to talk about the Tidelift Subscription, we track these leads separately and pay $50 per workable lead. To participate, you’ll need to do one (or both!) of the following:
On your project site or docs
- Add a link “For Enterprise” in top Nav (we can work with you to determine the best placement) that links to a new “[package] for Enterprise” page.
- Add a new site page for “[package] for Enterprise” with this copy.
- Add a “Learn more” button with appropriate link provided in the dashboard.
- Add a “Request a demo” button with appropriate link provided in the dashboard.
In your project repo
- Add a “For Enterprise” section to the project repo.
- Add the copy and link provided in the dashboard.
What are the details?
- Payment: $50 per workable sales lead (only new leads to our database).
- Lead: by “lead,” we mean a sales lead, which is a person who comes to Tidelift and submits a form on our site.
- Workability: Tidelift will manually review all lifter leads and determine the quality of the lead. “Workable” means a verifiable individual who could potentially lead to a purchasing process / conversation e.g. not somebody using a throwaway email.
- Tracking: We will generate a unique tracking link so we can track leads by lifter.
- Payment Frequency: Tidelift will pay you at the same time as your current lifter payment.
Please note that you may need to refresh your dashboard in order to see the updates. If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know!