What is the roadmap for additional repositories?

As a newcomer to Tidelift, I was looking at things I’ve written over the years with an eye towards lifting them. A number of them are in *nix distributions - Redhat, Debian, SUSE, even some FreeBSD ports and so on.

So the first question is about the roadmap for supporting *nix more broadly. Is a distro supposed to handle security issues so none are needed by Tidelift?

I see that homebrew is close, but I personally don’t have OSX to develop on right now.

Second question: is there an OSX compile farm that is free to use for open-source projects?

1 Like

@rocky my apologies for the delayed response.

So the first question is about the roadmap for supporting *nix more broadly. Is a distro supposed to handle security issues so none are needed by Tidelift?

At this time, we’re remaining laser focused on the libraries that are built into applications rather than the underlying components that are provided by the operating system.

Second question: is there an OSX compile farm that is free to use for open-source projects?

CircelCi has a free plan and Travis CI has a free plan for open source projects.

Blockquote
CircelCi has a free plan and Travis CI has a free plan for open source projects.

Yes, I noticed that and we’re using that in https://github.com/rocky/remake .

The problem though with CircleCI is that you can’t author code and interactively debug on CircleCI.

TravisCI (which has OSX support too but it is not free), has ssh access for 20 minutes on demand, which is better, but still not that ideal for developing code.

(To be fair though, the kind if use and access here isn’t really in in the perview of CI testing.)